Programme of Fresh Market 2019
7:30 - 9:00 - Breakfast
8:00 – Registration of participants
9:00 – Grand Opening
9:00 - 13:00 - I part of business talks (meetings between buyers and suppliers)
9:15 - 9:45 - Lecture "Polish fruit and vegetable market - the most important facts. Forecasts for the upcoming season ”- Marek Słowiński – Editor-in-Chief of the Fresh-Market.pl Portal
9:45 - 10.00 – Lecture by Carton Pack
10:00 – 13:00 – Discussion panel „Trade in fruit and vegetables - only changes are certain.”
The panel will be led by Marek Jezierski
10:00 – 11:15 – Domestic market
- Climate change, extreme temperature and frequent droughts. How will this affect the production and sale of fruit and vegetables in Poland in the coming years? What will the changes be? How to prepare for them?
- The fierce competition on the market forces changes in the organization of managing producer groups and large farms. Is it time for farmers who run these businesses to be replaced by professional managers?
- Producers versus retail chains and processors. Why can you effectively contract the production of green peas and you can't do it with apples? Why is partnership better than war and how to get it?
- Janusz Byliński - President of the Warsaw Agricultural and Food Wholesale Market Bronisze
- Mirosław Łuska - President of the Association of Pepper Producers of the Republic of Poland
- Mirosław Maliszewski - President of the Union of Fruit-Growers of the Republic of Poland
- Wojciech Nowacki - President of the Polish Potato Association
- Witold Boguta - President of the National Association of Fruit and Vegetable Producers
11:30 - 12:45 - Import, export and foreign markets
- What are the state and prospects of exporting Polish fruit and vegetables five years 5 years after the Russia embargo? Is Ukraine becoming a new challenge for Polish producers? What new tasks are facing Polish exporters?
- Poland is too small a market for selling its products. Who to export? When all countries around are also increasing their production? Will international trade change into intercontinental trade?
- Polish potato in a Polish store. Is it appropriate to protect your market and are there effective ways to protect the internal market against imports? Should the global fruit and vegetable market be more open or closed?
- Arkadiusz Gaik - President of the Association of Polish Distributors "Unia Owocowa"
- Janusz Andziak - President of the Strawberry Growers Association
- Ireneusz Komorowski - President of the Blueberry Growers Association
- Marek Słowiński - Editor-in-Chief of Fresh-Market.pl
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:10 – 17:00 II part of business talks (meetings between buyers and suppliers)
17:00 Fresh Market Award Competition 2019 - awarding statuettes and diplomas
17:00 -20:00 Cocktail Dinner Party